Search This Blog

analytics

Friday, April 1, 2011

5 Important Questions for Your Destination Wedding Photographer

I came across a great article written by a destination bride and she has some wonderful insights that any destination bride should consider when looking for a photographer. The direct link to her article is below but first here are her 5 questions and my answers to these questions. I hope you enjoy the article!


1. Can I choose from more than one photographer? Some firms offer multiple photographers. Sometimes these "other" photographers are simply interns or learning the ropes. In fact, if you do NOT specifically ask for the main photographer, you very well may not be getting that person. At August T Photography, you get me, August, and only me. Well, you may request a second shooter but they will be just that.




2. Does the photographer shoot film or digital? There are a few photographers that are holding onto film. I learned on film over 20 years ago and I love working with film, but I have to be honest with you, there really is nothing like what I can do wtih digital compared to film. I could probably write you a novel of what advantages there are to digital. So, long story short, I will be shooting digital.




3. What do you want to have photographed? There are a few things I go over with every bride. First, I would love to have an engagement session with you and your fiance. This allows us to get to know each other as well as see my work first hand. Second, I email a list of the top 85 shots most brides are looking for at their weddings. I encourage each bride to add to or take from this list and email it back to me. I also encourage each bride to keep her eye out for shots she would like and email them to me or even create an album on Facebook. This helps me to be as prepared as possible. Finally, I set a time to go over all of this information about one week prior to the wedding. Again, to be as prepared as possible.




4. How long will the session be? I have been hired for some shorter weddings and inevitably I am asked to stay longer. To make sure each bride has a sufficient amount of coverage on her wedding day all of my packages include a full 8 hours of coverage. The only exception to this rule is weekday weddings. One other nice option is that I include an engagement session with every wedding package. Win-Win for everyone!

5. Can I schedule a phone call with the photographer prior to my wedding? I almost can NOT believe this question exists. I am planning on talking to you, meeting you, talking to you again, going over the contract, asking tons of questions about how you met, what your wedding plans are, what type of photos you are looking for and the list goes on. It is actually very rare that we do not become pretty good friends. Well, at least well aquainted prior to your wedding. You will have my personal cell phone number and email address and you will be told to email or call anytime you feel the need!

Thanks,
August

August T Photography
"We specialize in the Extraordinary!"
www.AugustTPhotography.com
412.377.7245

No comments:

Post a Comment