Search This Blog

analytics

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Gulf Oil Spill Helping This Photographer

You know I never thought much about it, until I heard that Myrtle Beach has had some tourism increases due to the oil hitting some beaches in the Gulf. I really wondered how much that would help my business given that I am taking family beach photos here in the Myrtle Beach area.

Guess what? It was 2 weeks ago, when a call came in, it was a mom worried that her call was too last minute. I happened to have an opening and alls well that ends well.

During that photo shoot I was just being me, chit chatting, asking questions and they mentioned their vacation was scheduled for the Gulf this summer. Their particular location had some oil on the beaches so the rescheduled for Myrtle Beach. Looked on Yahoo Local for a photographer and that's where they found me.

So, the gulf oil spill has not been a black gold mine for me, but I can certainly say I have at least on customer that I did not have because of it. I think it is pretty interesting how all of these things come about.

Here are a few samples from that photo shoot... and click on any photo to see thousands of others.






Thanks,
August

August T. Michel Photography
"We specialize in the Extraordinary!"
www.AugustTMichelPhotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment